New Mexico FUNDIT
FUNDIT was created to assist communities in accessing financing from a group of agencies simultaneously. This collaboration saves time and duplication, improves the effectiveness of project review and support, and ensures strategic investments with public resources.
Or Complete Application Online
Agencies represented in FUNDIT:
- Capital Outlay Unit, New Mexico Department of Finance & Administration
- Local Government Division, New Mexico Department of Finance & Administration
- New Mexico Councils of Governments/NewMARC
- New Mexico Economic Development Department
- New Mexico Environment Department
- New Mexico Department of Indian Affairs
- New Mexico Finance Authority
- New Mexico Energy, Minerals & Natural Resources Department
- U.S Small Business Administration
- U. S. Department of Agriculture, Rural Development
- New Mexico Mortgage Finance Authority
- New Mexico Department of Transportation
Eligible projects include:
- Business development such as incubators, industrial parks
- Community development such as feasibility studies, comprehensive plans
- Infrastructure development such as capacity increase, update or replace current
- Housing where there are critical shortages
- Downtown revitalization
In order to bring a project before FUNDIT you should be prepared to provide a description of the project; the project should be listed as a priority on the local Infrastructure Capital Improvement Plan (ICIP), Economic Development Plan, and/or Comprehensive Master Plan; you will need to know the total capital investment (equity and debt), jobs that will be created or retained by the project, and you will need to provide a financial pro forma and the project timeline.
Contact your Regional Representative or Johanna Nelson at Johanna.Nelson@state.nm.us or 505-827-0264.