Technology Research Collaborative
Formalized in 2003, the goal of the TRC is to promote the commercialization of technologies born in New Mexico, thereby increasing high-paying jobs, and diversifying the economy. In fiscal year 2020 the TRC will serve as mentors to science and technology businesses in the state. The board's short-term goals include leveraging its expertise to assist businesses applying for Small Business Innovation Research (SBIR) Matching Grants and developing a five-year Science & Technology Plan for the State of New Mexico.
The TRC is a volunteer board and its members represent a broad range of expertise:
- Peter Anselmo, Director, Office of Innovation Commercialization, New Mexico Tech
- John Chavez, President, New Mexico Angels
- Jon Clark, Deputy Secretary, New Mexico Economic Development Department
- John Flores, President, New Mexico State University
- Mark Johnson, CEO & Co-Founder, Descartes Labs
- Lisa Kuuttila, CEO & Chief Economic Development Officer, STC.UNM
- Gabe Mounce, Director, Air Force Space Accelerator, Air Force Research Lab
- Mark Popovich, President & CEO, 3D Glass Solutions, Inc.
- John Sarrao, Deputy Director, Science, Technology, and Engineering, Los Alamos National Laboratory
- Susan Seestrom, Associate Director, Sandia National Laboratories
- Myrriah Tomar, TRC Board Administrator/Chair & Director, Office of Science & Technology, NMEDD