The New Mexico Economic Development Department is hosting BeWellnm (The New Mexico Health Insurance Exchange) to discuss health insurance options for small business owners. BeWellnm offers new enhanced options to support businesses and their employees by providing more flexibility and choice in budget-friendly alternatives.
BeWellnm will discuss the advantages of coverage including benefits of providing health insurance to employees.
Here are five reasons to offer coverage through BeWellnm:
- Retain employees. Offering employee health insurance may help attract and retain valuable workers. That saves money on recruiting and training.
- Reduce absenteeism. Employees with insurance may be more likely to take advantage of preventive care and screenings. That can help keep employees healthy and on the job.
- Boost morale. Providing health insurance shows your commitment to the health and well-being of employees and their families. In return, employees may feel a greater sense of security and loyalty.
- Gain tax advantages. Employers can take a tax deduction for the cost of health insurance premiums paid on behalf of employees. In addition, employers with fewer than 25 full-time-equivalent employees may be eligible for small business health care tax credits.
- Helping your business. Improving retention, promoting employee health and wellness, encourages higher productivity and improved employee relations, while showing your employees that you care.