In 2016, Keter Plastic began looking for a location for a manufacturing facility to support West Coast supply needs in response to tremendous growth. In January 2017, Keter announced its decision to locate the manufacturing plant in Belen. New Mexico beat out California, Arizona, and Nevada for the expansions because of our business-friendly climate.
About the Company
- Leading manufacturer of resin-based household and garden consumer products
- Part of the Keter Group – a global enterprise for over 60 years
- Keter Group operates 18 factories and 2 distribution centers in nine countries
- Sales to over 100 countries around the world
- Internationally recognized with product patent and design awards
- Annual sales over $1 billion through 250 retailers worldwide
In New Mexico
- 175 Jobs
- Positions include manufacturing, distribution, engineers, technical, management
- $36 million private investment to renovate and expand an existing facility
- The old Solo Cup facility had been vacant for a decade.
- Building is 160,000 square-feet on 25 acres
- Keter purchased adjacent 14 acres that allows for an expansion of an additional 60,000 square-foot building
- Located adjacent to a BNSF rail line which will be used to bring in 60-100 tons of raw materials every day
Economic Development Toolbox
"The staff we have hired in New Mexico is way beyond my expectations."
- Don Eilert, Plant Manager
The 165,000 SF facility is located next to a BNSF line. New Mexico is a net consumptive state, offering competitive outboard freight rates.
New Mexico is First in Manufacturing Value-Added, 2014 State New Economy Index
New Mexico's electricity prices are very competitive. The average industrial price for a kWh is 19% less than the U.S. average. EIA, 2017