Meow Wolf is an arts production company that creates immersive, multimedia experiences that transport audiences of all ages into fantastic realms of storytelling. At the nexus of art, technology and entertainment this unique fusion gives audiences fictional worlds to explore. With over a half-million visitors and revenue exceeding $5 million since opening in March 2016, Meow Wolf's first permanent exhibition, House of Eternal Return, has proven to be a successful financial model. Meow Wolf intends to open exhibitions in major markets around the country to include Denver and Las Vegas.
To accommodate the company's expansion plans, Meow Wolf, Inc. purchased a 52,000 square foot building in Santa Fe which is now a fabrication, welding, wood shop, art, design and manufacturing facility that will feed Meow Wolf's creative exhibits as the arts production business expands nationally.
About the Company
- Meow Wolf Creative Studios was founded in 2008; and VCMSE Art City, LLC, was created in October 2014; the two merged on January 1, 2017 to become Meow Wolf, Inc.
- Meow Wolf began in a former bowling alley, with the 20,000 square foot, immersive art exhibit (and THEA Award-winning), the House of Eternal Return.
- In 2016 the House of Eternal Return was the most- frequently photographed location in New Mexico on Instagram.
- In July 2017 Meow Wolf launched a new investment campaign that allowed anyone to purchase company shares. The company raised nearly $1 million in less than 3 days.
- The House of revenues for the company totaled $8.1 million.
Meow Wolf Denver
- Early in 2018 the company announced that its first permanent exhibit outside New Mexico will be in Denver.
- Construction on the $50 million project is set to begin in the 3rd quarter of 2018, with an anticipated opening in early 2020.
- The Denver location is at 1338 First Street, in the Sun Valley neighborhood.
- It will stand four stories tall and total 90,000 square feet - triple the size of the Santa Fe exhibit. It will include a bar, cafe, retail space and an 800-seat music venue.
- The structure will rise 30 feet above Interstate 25, Colfax Avenue and Auraria Parkway viaducts that wrap it on three sides.
- Work is under way creating the Denver exhibit at Meow Wolf's Santa Fe manufacturing facility.
"New Mexico is a large state with a small population. Everybody knows each other and everyone has connections to each other. The benefit is access to elected officials, service providers and other businesses. The state is a collegial place for collective betterment."
Drew Tulchin, CEO