RiskSense came to existence in May 2015. The company was initially called CAaNES LLC, and is a spin-off of the New Mexico Institute of Mining and Technology in 2006. Over the years, RiskSense realized that their findings and expertise could serve a broader set of customers and the SaaS platform was launched in 2012.
About the Company
- Pioneer and market leader in pro-active cyber risk management.
- RiskSense enables enterprises and governments to reveal cyber risk, quickly orchestrate remediation, and monitor the results.
- The RiskSense Platform transforms cyber risk management into a more proactive, collaborative, and real-time discipline across a growing attack surface.
- Counting more than 150 enterprises and government organizations to their client base, varying in both size and industry.
- Offices in Albuquerque, Silicon Valley, and sales offices across the country.
- Approximately 100 employees nationwide.
- Raised its Series A financing in the beginning of 2017 with five total investors: CenturyLink, EPIC Ventures, Jump Capital, Paladin Capital Group, and Sun Mountain Capital.
In New Mexico
- 76 employees in Albuquerque
- Positions include software engineering, software developer, cyber security analysts, accounting, human resources, customer success and sales.
Economic Development Toolbox
- In 2015, LEDA funding of $100,000 for an expansion.
- To-date, RiskSense and its predecessor company have been reimbursed $717,702 through the Job Training Incentive Program. This represents upward of 60 positions.
More about RiskSense
"New Mexico has an impressive high-tech sector, and we're glad to be contributing to the diversification of New Mexico's economy. Without the support and infrastructure that the State, Bernalillo County, and the City of Albuquerque provide for startups, our effort would be far less effective."
Mark Fidel, President