Skorpios CEO and Chairman of the Board Stephen Krasulick speaks about why his company chose New Mexico for its operation.
Skorpios Technologies Inc. is a fabless semiconductor manufacturing company producing highly integrated communications products. The company’s products are used for networking, data, fiber-optic, telecommunications, and many other applications.
About the Company
- Founded in 2009
- Headquartered in Albuquerque
- Locations in Austin and Los Angeles
In New Mexico
- 385 Jobs include high-tech engineering and manufacturing roles, with an average salary ranging from $60,000--$150,000
- Decided to expand its operations in New Mexico because of the state’s high quality of life and deep talent pool of workers experienced in hardware development and physical sciences, thanks to the state’s national laboratories and other high-tech companies
Economic Development Toolbox
- JTIP commitment of $1,585,582 in 2016, 2017, and 2018
- LEDA investment of $5,500,000 in 2016 for infrastructure at the company’s new permanent facility in Albuquerque to expand its research and development, test and assembly operations
- The City of Albuquerque also contributed $1.5 million in LEDA to help with infrastructure
“We are thrilled to continue the expansion of our business in Albuquerque, and look forward to collaborating with the State and City to create opportunities that benefit the community and our company.”
- Stephen Krasulick, CEO and Founder
New Mexico is the 2nd Fastest Mover in Entrepreneurial Activity, moving from 27th to 10th in four years. (2014 State New Economy Index