- Energy & Natural Resources: New Mexico is blessed with plentiful natural resources making it the 8th largest net energy supplier to the nation through a diverse portfolio of energy sources: oil and gas, solar and wind farms, geothermal, and algae and biofuel production.New Mexico offers a variety of unique assets to the global business community which positions the state at a significant competitive advantage in a diverse list of important and emerging industry segments.
- Aerospace & Defense: Space pioneers found New Mexico 75 years ago and the industry continues to grow here thanks to an ideal climate, restricted air space, testing facilities, Spaceport America, and more.
- Food Processing: New Mexico's spicy, unique foods sell globally and food processing is growing here. Competitive electric prices, land costs, and wages separate New Mexico from other states.
- Distribution, Logistics, & Transportation: Companies have discovered that New Mexico's location, transportation infrastructure, and perfect climate are ideal for goods distribution. The Borderplex provides easy access to Mexican maquiladoras and Union Pacific's Intermodal Ramp is the latest addition to this growing region. Interstate 25, originally known as the Camino Real or Royal Road, connects the state to both international borders. Two interstate highways connect New Mexico to the east and west coasts.
- Advanced Manufacturing: New Mexico's workforce ranks 1st in manufacturing value added (2014 State New Economy Index), we have the 5th best workforce training program (Business Facilities 2014) and the best business climate in the West for manufacturing (Ernst & Young 2014). Three national research laboratories, world renowned research universities and more specialized R&D facilities provide cutting-edge technologies and services for advanced production capabilities.
- Digital & Emerging Media: New Mexico offers production companies a very progressive tax credit incentive for CGI and related services rendered in New Mexico for film and multimedia projects. This state is already home to several award-winning digital media artists and our universities are producing more skilled digital media talent than ever.
- Employment & Business Operations Centers: Home to an increasing number of customer service centers, New Mexico enjoys a strong and growing back office sector. Some of the largest U.S. consumer companies represented are: The Gap, Hewlett-Packard, Fidelity Investments, Lowe’s, and Alliance Data Systems.